Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Pizza Roll

I made my standard focaccia recipe today, except I included a pair of large eggs into the dough. I kneaded it quite well hoping to increase its elasticity for my next task: stretching the dough really thin.

While the dough was rising, I took the opportunity to sauté some purple onion, garlic and shallots in some butter. I added bit bit of lemon juice, parsley, basil and salt to the mix as well.

After the dough rose, I divvied it up and ran it through the newly-purchased pasta flattening attachment for the Kitchen Aid Mixer. When the dough was satisfactorily thin and sectioned into long rectangular sheets, I applied a layer of tomato sauce, the onion mixture and some mozzarella cheese. I then rolled the dough like one would for a jelly roll and placed it on a greased cookie sheet. I brushed a layer of olive oil on top of the created and baked it in a preheated oven for 15 or so minutes set at 350 convection bake.

Yummy.

No comments: