Monday, September 25, 2006

Beersteak Fajitas!

Hey folks. I made myself some fajitas the other night for dinner. They were tasty! I was all pro about it too, marinading the steak beforehand, slicing up some onions and red pepper, grating some cheese. Don't be surprised if you see me on iron chef pretty soon. Anyways, I documented the procedure with photos for your viewing pleasure.


The ingredients for the marinade: Beer, spicy death sauce, and a tiny bit of oil.


I had a minor crisis when trying to open the beer can... the tab broke off!! Not good at all. It was almost a major tragedy, but fortunately I was able to macguyver my way in.


This is what the marinade looked like. Kinda brown and gross looking, but whatever. I wasn't worried.


I dumped the steaks in the marinade and left them to soak in the fridge for several hours.


Several hours later I grilled the steaks on the BBQ. Hooray for BBQ's!


I fried up some onions and red peppers and I put a bit of the leftover marinade in for good measure. Let me tell you, if you've never fried up onions in beer and hot sauce before, it smells AMAZING! Combined with the smell of steak wafting in from the balcony I was like whoa man.... whoa.

And then my camera battery died, so unfortunately I don't have a picture of the finished product. I assure you though that it was quite tasty looking. I think I've discovered that I like cooking, especially with beer! ;)

No comments: