Sunday, November 26, 2006

Sweet Potato Burritos

Last time I went grocery shopping I bought some sweet potatoes, and today I decided I needed to cook them. I was looking around on google for some ideas and I found this recipe. I would like to thank whoever the genius was that came up with this idea. I had to modify it slightly based on lack of ingredients and portion size and what I felt like doing. It turned out to be one of the tastiest dinners EVER!


First step was to pre-bake the sweet potatoes and mash them up. My trusty red toaster oven came in handy :)


Next I fried up some onions and garlic. Man did that smell good. I threw in a hot pepper too just for fun.


Once the potatoes were done I mashed them up and threw them in the pan. Also some beans and some chicken.


I added some water and spices and stuff and mixed everything together. It looked kinda gross at this point, but I had faith all would turn out well.


To be consistent with the other meals I've posted about, I added some "secret ingredient" to the mix.


Then I loaded up some shells and threw them in the oven for a bit..


And voila!! The finished product. They were UNREAL! As I said before, whoever came up with that recipe was a genius. As usual, I made way too much for just me so I have leftovers for at least a meal, maybe two. I know what I'm having for breakfast tomorrow ;)

No comments: