Friday, December 8, 2006

I should open an Indian restaurant

Today's dinner menu was inspired by Sarah's curry.

It was the first time I tried making curry and it was AMAZING!!! I swear that the flavour was exactly like chicken jalfrezi from a real Indian restaurant, except without the obscene amount of oil and more veggies.

Onions, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, potatoes, chicken, curry paste, coconut milk, and naan-like bread


  1. Cooked the onions in some oil in a pan

  2. Threw in the chicken and scooped several teaspoons of curry paste in

  3. Cooked for a few min. and then added the coconut milk and veggies

  4. Simmered for a while, using a lid to help cook the vegetables

  5. Wrapped the bread in aluminum foil and warmed it up in the oven

  6. Made a fruit smoothie

  7. Ate to the brink of food coma

SO GOOD


The only thing I'd change next time is to cook the potatoes separately for a bit b/c they took a while to cook despite being in small chunks and caused me to cooked the whole thing for longer than I needed, but it wasn't over cooked. I used "boiling" potatoes. I'm so confused at all the different potatoes - frying, boiling, baking, batteries, satellites...

No comments: