Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Sweet Potato Coconut Soup

A friend sent me this recipe and I decided to try it this weekend. It seemed kind of interesting. I would have never ever thought of combining sweet potatoes and coconuts in a million years. Especially not in soup form. Anyways, here's how it went.


I started out by frying up some onions and garlic in a saucepan. This is always my favorite part of cooking because it smells sooooooo good :)


Next step was to add some chopped up sweet potatoes and some chicken broth and boil for a bit (until the potatoes turn soft).


Once the potatoes were soft, I was supposed to add some coconut milk and spices... so I did. The recipe called for curry powder, but I didn't have any, so I used chili powder instead.


I put everything into the blender for a bit to get it all into one consistent mixture. Have I mentioned that I love my blender?


The result was interesting. It wasn't quite was I was expecting. It was good, but I wasn't blown away by it. Maybe cuz I didn't follow the recipe to the letter. I think next time I might try using regular milk instead of the coconut kind. That may work better for me. We shall see!

No comments: