Monday, March 12, 2007

Taco Pie


I made my infamous taco pie for dinner tonight. Soo good. The ingredients are shown above. Ground beef, taco seasoning, onion, green pepper, tomato, cheese, shells, and spicy death sauce.


I started out by frying some onion and green pepper and browning the ground beef simultaneously.


Once that was done I dumped the veggies into the beef and added the taco seasoning and spicy death sauce. I suppose you could add some beans to the mix too. But, like most things beans give me gas, so I chose not to :P


I also added some chili powder and some "secret ingredient". I then simmered everything until most of the liquid was gone.


Once that was done, I layered the shells and the taco beef mixture in a casserole dish. If you use your casserole dish as much as I do you may want to wipe out the dust first. (I think this was actually the first time I used it). Then I threw some tomatoes and shredded cheese on top and baked the whole thing for about 20 min or so.


And here it is! It was pretty tasty and I ended up eating more than I should have. Soooo full now. The good news is I still have over half of it for leftovers this week. I probably won't have to cook again until the weekend. Nice.

No comments: