Thursday, January 11, 2007

Apple Sauce

When I was a kid my grandmother always used to make homemade apple sauce. When I was in Toronto last week, I asked her how to make it. Turns out it's super easy.


First you take your apples. I used granny smith, because everyone knows they are the best kind of apples.


I peeled the apples, chopped them up and threw them in a pot with some water. You don't need a lot of water, if you use too much the sauce will end up being super runny. You can add some sugar too if you want (white or brown). I chose not to because I figure there's enough sugar in everything else these days.


From there all you do is bring the whole thing to a boil and stir it occasionally until the apples turn to mush.


And at the end of it all you have some apple sauce! A tasty treat! I'd make some pork chops to go with if it was only about 40 degrees warmer outside. Winter sucks for the bbq. :(

No comments: