Monday, January 1, 2007

Baileys + ? = yum

Went to Rob's place to hang out with him and Vince. It was a snowy evening so I felt like drinking something cozy--Baileys! Caramel Baileys to be precise. You can drink Baileys with coffee or hot chocolate, you can drink Bailey's straight on ice. You can drink it in a house with a mouse, on a train with a dame... As I sat there in Rob's big comfy leather chair with my Bailey's on ice I thought to myself, "hmm, this is good. This makes me think of a Paralyzer--Kahlua, vodka, milk, and Coke. What if you mixed Baileys with Coke? No need for milk cuz Baileys is already creamy." This is what happens when you mix Baileys and Coke.






Begin by pouring some random amount of Baileys over ice.




















Next, add some random amount of Coke (we're not supposed to measure for this blog, right?)
















Hmmm....













Yeah, the results are not pretty. It reminded me of a demonstration of how yeast works. It tasted okay (I would have added milk but I didn't see any in Rob's fridge and I didn't want to continue experimenting by adding eggnog as a substitute). The lesson learned here was, you cannot always improve upon something that tastes good already on its own.

6 comments:

Vince said...

The "bad cooking idea" label is redundant when you also label it with "Jill".

Jill Barrott said...

OH! Way harsh Blender Boy! Just what basis do you make this statement on? I do believe you ate without complaint my contributions at the last few potlucks. Hey, all I can say is that it takes guts to make a new concoction and consume it when it goes horribly wrong. There is no fun in doing anything without an element of risk I say :P

Jill Barrott said...

Okay, ignore for the time being that my only two posts so far have earned the label "bad cooking idea". I will redeem myself soon enough.

Vince said...

I think we need a better label than "bad cooking idea", especially since it's not capitalized like the rest of the labels. How about just "Bad Idea"? We could also have "Bad Execution", or perhaps, "Good Idea, Bad Execution", or "Pulled a Nusraat", the possibilities are endless!

Bob said...

I vote for "Pulled a Nusraat"

nusraat said...

oi