Friday, January 12, 2007

Garlic Dill Sweet Potatoes

I was pretty hungry on the drive home from work. I spent pretty much the whole 45 min or so dreaming up what I could make for dinner, and this idea dawned on me. I'm sure it's been done before, but that doesn't make it any less tasty.


I started by throwing a slab of butter into a pot. Real butter, none of this margerine bullcrap. (Hydrogenated = bad).


I added some garlic salt and dill to the melting butter.


Once everything was melted and all mixed up, I added it to a dish of blurry sweet potatoes and baked the whole thing in the oven for about 40 min. (It took about twice as long as I thought it would). In hindsight, I think my slab of butter may have been a bit too big as there was a lot left in the dish after I took the potatoes out. Oh well.


Baking the sweet potatoes caused them to become slightly less blurry. They also absorbed the flavor from the garlic and dill, and became melt-in-your-mouth soft from the butter. They actually turned out a lot better than I expected. I thought I made enough for leftovers, but I ended up eating them all. Soo full right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good experiment. I am going to try it.
Thanks for sharing.

mkmkm said...

What is the meaning of 'blurry' sweet potatoes?